Let me introduce some of my favorite products for rebellious hair days, weeks or lives. Get the Lion King under control and turn it into your loving kitten with these hair repair methods.
- Hair oil – I love hair oil and especially for curls it’s like an instant magic lotion. Dry hair gets fixed while applying the oil to the ends of your hair and massaging it softly. In Madrid my hair feels dry all summer long and so I use this method quite often. My favorite product is the L’Occitane Provence Shea Body and Hair Oil. It consists of shea butter mixed with different kinds of vegan oils.
- Shea butter – I got this tip from Frédéric Fekkai. Massage shea butter into your hair during a hot day in summer and put it up into a turban, headband or scarf for the day. In the evening wash your hair with clear water and have gorgeous hair for the rest of the day.
- Sleep with wet hair – I hardly ever get to do that as my hair is quite free spirited in the morning after that but I always get the impression that it looks better if I sleep with it still wet. My hair is less dry and has more volume. You can wrap it in a towel so it doesn’t get dried out too fast.
- Hair Mask and Styling Products – If I need my hair to get ready to go in a quick and secure way, I use a hair mask and a styling product for curly hair. It depends on your hair type but for curls it is best to get some helping product to keep them in lasting shape.
- Rinse – I heard it works wonders but hardly gets any attention. A rinse is apparently a miracle product for your hair to make it shine healthily. I haven’t tried it yet but the advantage of a rinse to a conditioner shall be that it doesn’t leave anything on your scalp and you can make it yourself out of natural ingredients. Here some ideas on Hair Rinses.
I would love to get your opinion on hair repair products. What are your favorites and what kind of Lion King are you working with?